Author Topic: Major development between El Roque and El Cotillo - urgent, please read!!  (Read 970 times)

Offline Logitechtom

• Birmingham/El Cotillo 50/50
I'm re-posting this subject as it's title doesn't do justice to the gravity of the proposal. Please read this post:

https://www.fuerteventura-forum.com/index.php?topic=24388.0

And this report:

http://www.elcotillo.net/2018/07/11/huge-development-proposal/

I'm not sure where this proposal goes from here, but if you love El Cotillo, please read and be prepared for a petition or whatever else is needed.

Tom.

Offline woe10

Why do these developers always want to "enhance the economic activity of this island area” , when the locals are quite happy with what they've got.

Offline Tamkid

It does seem a very nice complex. I cant see it having much of an impact on the local environment, having viewed the proposed land it is going to be built on, it will enhance the area if anything, plus be a source of jobs for the local population.

I see that its a Spanish proposal, then it is as good as done.  Nothing on gods earth will stop it if they have their minds made up. If I remember correctly, the Columbian guy who took over the Corralejo golf complex has something to do with the Tenerife consortium, lots of rumours about him going about and his financial sources, just saying.

Offline Logitechtom

• Birmingham/El Cotillo 50/50
I'm completely confused how you can describe it as "a very nice complex" Tamkid as no details have been published.

All that has been released is a plan of the area with part of it highlighted in yellow to indicate the area being developed. There are, as yet, no details of the design or layout of the buildings.

The owners are English, but have been resident in Tenerife for a very, very long time.

Rather than enhancing the area it will completely destroy El Roque and ruin El Cotillo (unless you live many many miles away)!

Tom.

Offline Tamkid

If the developers are English then that's even worse than the Spanish, especially from Tenerife, Palmer country of Timeshare fame.  I believe Goldacre has connections there, wonder if he is involved somehow, wouldn't surprise me, given his involvment with Tamaragua and many other projects.

Anyway, lets hope it comes to nothing and the locals manage to fight their corner, I have never got the place, but I certainly respect people like yourself who are passionate about it, good luck and I hope things work out.

I do have one very found memory of the place, I was walking along the beach of a lagoon one evening and a beautiful, buxon red head walking a black labradour came towards me, she stopped, took her dress off over her head, buck naked went into the sea and started playing with the dog, jumping up and down as high as she could, ARhhhhhhhh a glorious sight, happy, happy days. You dont get that in the lakes.

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
You dont get that in the lakes.

Who says you don't 😂😂😂

Offline jg

I seem to recall such a development being mooted a few years back and it all fell through to nothing.

Offline Windermeregolfer

• A Hole In One - In My Dreams
  • Keeping Calm
I seem to recall such a development being mooted a few years back and it all fell through to nothing.

As did what ever was planned for the NW side of El Cotillo where all that road infrastructure and lighting on the way to the lighthouse has been installed, I suspect all the land is in different ownership to that between El Roque & El Cotillo so we may end up with 2 part developed sites.

Offline warriors

We used to own 2 properties in Cotillio which we sold to finance our dream move to North Tenerife,  what a huge mistake, if the owners live and own in Tenerife Cotillio is doomed.  It is full to bursting over here so looks like they may be looking elsewhere to ruin and turn into a horrible plastic tourist trap,  if you let me know who the owners are >:(  I will make it my personal mission to "accidentally run them over on a crossing and reverse back just in case there were any signs of life!!! (this is in some part a joke for all of you serial posters with no sense of humour or friends)

Offline Ernie

If you had €263m to invest would you choose to invest it on a hotel and old people’s home between Cotillo and Roque ?? I wouldn’t.

This proposal is likely the land owner trying to increase the value of their land to a future buyer rather than magic that kind of money and take the risk themselves. Whether a buyer will ever actually exist for such an investment is an entirely different issue. I’m not holding my breath.