Author Topic: ryann air cancelling flights  (Read 2190 times)

Offline paully

Re: ryann air cancelling flights
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2018, 10:38:47 am »
Looks like the action may spread to the UK as well...have a read of this with acknowledgement to Bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-01/ryanair-s-u-k-pilots-said-to-make-move-toward-possible-strike

Share price down by quite a bit and both Easyjet and Norwegian are holding pilot recruitment roadshows in Dublin in the near future...

Wont affect us as Brittany Ferries have no such issue and are investing in new build tonnage to service routes between UK and France next year.....Goodness me haven`t they heard of Brexit????????
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:43:50 am by paully »

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2018, 11:47:25 am »
on a side note im surprised the ferries are running at all, if you've ever been on the channel tunnel its a no brainer.

Offline paully

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 11:55:49 am »
Yes I`ve been on the channel tunnel and you can keep it.I`d pay anything to avoid the M25.Much prefer the Portsmouth St Malo, overnight, with waiter served breakfast in the Les Aber Restaurant ..civilised and you are dropped in the centre of where you want to be, as opposed to the other end of the country. Now that`s the no brainer  ;D

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2018, 12:19:32 pm »
Yes I`ve been on the channel tunnel and you can keep it.I`d pay anything to avoid the M25.Much prefer the Portsmouth St Malo, overnight, with waiter served breakfast in the Les Aber Restaurant ..civilised and you are dropped in the centre of where you want to be, as opposed to the other end of the country. Now that`s the no brainer  ;D

yeah can see your point but it would take me about the same amount of time to get to portsmouth and I drive a tesla with autopilot so once in france get onto the autoroute and relax :)

Offline dagwood 2

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2018, 12:28:31 pm »
Last week it was an AMG my bet is it’s some sort of washing machine.
You don’t have the memory to be any kind of liar.
 Or is it all in your head

Offline dagwood 2

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2018, 12:36:47 pm »
Looks like the action may spread to the UK as well...have a read of this with acknowledgement to Bloomberg:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-01/ryanair-s-u-k-pilots-said-to-make-move-toward-possible-strike

Share price down by quite a bit and both Easyjet and Norwegian are holding pilot recruitment roadshows in Dublin in the near future...

Wont affect us as Brittany Ferries have no such issue and are investing in new build tonnage to service routes between UK and France next year.....Goodness me haven`t they heard of Brexit????????

Norwegian can’t pay the ones they have. Paying for last weeks fuel with thi weeks takings.
There’s always a big recruitment show in the RDS every year and attended by a lot of employers offering appointments to our clever well educated young people. Nothing for the Gobshi#s.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2018, 12:38:57 pm »
Last week it was an AMG my bet is it’s some sort of washing machine.
You don’t have the memory to be any kind of liar.
 Or is it all in your head

I traded my 10 month old AMG in february for the tesla model s P90DL+

it might come as a surprise that people buy new cars but hey, you know.

now go back and check when I mentioned the AMG ;)

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2018, 12:42:28 pm »
oh and before the AMG I drove a ferrari 360 challenge, I had that 4.5 years along with a merc CLS and a 911 carrera S

oh and 4 motorbikes

and still live in the same 7 bedroom house in its own grounds in the countryside with a river down the bottom and acould easily fit around 30 cars on the driveway ;) (im looking to move though soon)

now how jel are you ? :D

Offline paully

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2018, 12:49:18 pm »
Dagwood

I agree re Norwegian..I would`nt want to hitch my star to them either, but there are those that will. I`ll be interested to see how or if they get through this winter. On the other hand, recently when Air Berlin went pop, over 100 pilots joined Ryanair, some who weren`t qualifed, at that time, on the Boeing. As with all union stuff lots of hot air, willy waving and posturing on both side.......The ones in the crossfire are the passengers with cancelled flights, which has not happened before with Ryanair. Now when customers lose confidence, that`s hard to get back..

That might be the time they throw O`Leary over the side

Offline dagwood 2

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2018, 15:42:14 pm »
Mediation has been agreed when Kieran Mullvy is available in a little over a weeks time. Pilots didn’t suspend next Fridays strike and lost any public support they had.

Offline paully

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2018, 18:12:31 pm »
Mediation has been agreed when Kieran Mullvy is available in a little over a weeks time. Pilots didn’t suspend next Fridays strike and lost any public support they had.

I`m going to regret asking this but who`s Kelvin Mullvy???? ::)

Offline dagwood 2

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2018, 19:42:27 pm »
Don’t know but I know who Kieran Mulvey is.
An ex union official who now makes a fortune mediating in big time disputes. And f##k the working man