Author Topic: Gran Hotel Natura  (Read 3065 times)

Offline medsailor

Gran Hotel Natura
« on: August 15, 2018, 19:30:34 pm »
Has anyone been past the old Gran Hotel Natura to see if any work is happening to get it reopened hopefully as a naturist place. Will miss it a lot.

Offline bedouin

Re: Gran Hotel Natura
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 22:19:55 pm »
It's closed for good.  The operators have pulled out, and they've opened a new place called Petit Hotel Natura in Gran Canaria.  This was previously a gay resort they operated called Pasion Tropical.  It's smaller, but quite quirky-looking.

Offline medsailor

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 10:38:04 am »
Hi Bedouin. Thanks for that. Yes I know of the move to Gran Canaria. Did read that the rent had doubled etc. I think the problem with the GHN building was structural. For instance the pillar outside the gents in the gym the concrete was peeling off the reinforcement bars, the last time I was there they had boxed it in with plywood so as not to be seen. Also the gable end of one accommodation block had a slight bulge - not good. I was hoping the owners who ever they are had decided to repair these problems and wondered if any work had started.

Offline Naturelover

• Retired naturist
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 09:27:46 am »
Looks like it's being refurbished as iv'e seen builders there almost every day since I arrived in Oct.

Offline luvfuert

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2018, 10:32:48 am »
Stayed at Infiniti in October, went past the site of the old Gran Natura a lot and can confirm that a full refurb is taking place. It is reopening as a textile hotel, much to the delight and amusement of the new owners of Infiniti - a lovely group of Dutch people. A strange decision, so obviously a demand for a naturist resort yet pitching themselves against the numerous textile hotels that have more to offer by way of location?

Offline medsailor

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 19:34:13 pm »
Hi Naturelover & Iuvfuert thanks for that info. Hope you are wrong about it reopening as textile when there is such a demand for naturist hotels.