Author Topic: ryannairs rubber compo cheques bounce  (Read 3340 times)

Offline bedouin

Re: ryannairs rubber compo cheques bounce
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 14:57:52 pm »
Fewer than 190 cheques out of 20,000 were unsigned.  Hardly a hanging offence.  Suppose you've never made any mistakes (apart from registering to post on here).

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 23:25:02 pm »
oh right, user with historical blatant support for ryanair thinks its OK to screw over customers who had their holidays ruined, well done

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 07:21:26 am »
Fewer than 190 cheques out of 20,000 were unsigned.  Hardly a hanging offence.  Suppose you've never made any mistakes (apart from registering to post on here).

The real hanging offence is the fact that 20,000 cheques had to be made out in the first place .

Offline DagwhoisShaneLowryWood

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 08:16:29 am »
It looks like the EU261 compensation rule won’t apply to U.K. travelers after Brexit if it happens.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2018, 08:38:58 am »
never mind...

Offline bedouin

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2018, 10:30:58 am »

The real hanging offence is the fact that 20,000 cheques had to be made out in the first place .

Nonsense! When you fly 130 million passengers a year, there will inevitably be claims for compensation for delays, cancellations, lost luggage, etc.  I read somewhere that Thomas Cook employs 500 people in its complaints department - complaining is a big business, it seems.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2018, 12:41:37 pm »
Doesn't it depend on what space of time those 20,000 cheques due to ruined holidays were issued.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2018, 14:52:29 pm »
Doesn't it depend on what space of time those 20,000 cheques due to ruined holidays were issued.

The 20,000 cheques were issued during July.  And compensation is paid for all sorts of reasons - not every passenger is a holidaymaker.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2018, 14:52:49 pm »
I read somewhere that Thomas Cook employs 500 people in its complaints department

you post that as if its a bad thing.

ryannair wouoldnt have the reputation of the worlds worsed airline if they looked out for their passengers

Offline bedouin

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2018, 15:03:45 pm »

ryannair wouoldnt have the reputation of the worlds worsed airline if they looked out for their passengers

I didn't realise that Ryanair was the "worlds worsed airline".  It's the world's biggest international airline, and it has an unrivalled safety record, and more and more people choose to fly Ryanair every year.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2018, 15:26:17 pm »

I didn't realise that Ryanair was the "worlds worsed airline".  It's the world's biggest international airline, and it has an unrivalled safety record, and more and more people choose to fly Ryanair every year.

Although not a fan of Dire Air they are far from the worst, I have flown with some you would not believe, and one or two were flag carriers

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2018, 16:03:12 pm »
its funy how wound up the ryannair shareholders get

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2018, 18:40:49 pm »
So 20,000 cheques issued in July alone. That's around 5,000 a week or 700 a day. For whatever excuse, business or tourist. And what about June or August. And how many complaints made with no cheque in the post due to refusal of compensation.

I'm not bothered about Ryanair one way or the other myself, but someone should be shot for that record..

Offline bedouin

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2018, 19:15:15 pm »
So 20,000 cheques issued in July alone. That's around 5,000 a week or 700 a day. For whatever excuse, business or tourist. And what about June or August. And how many complaints made with no cheque in the post due to refusal of compensation.

I'm not bothered about Ryanair one way or the other myself, but someone should be shot for that record..

I think you've overlooked the fact that Ryanair flies over 130 million passengers every year.  If they sent out 20,000 compensation cheques every month (which I doubt), that would only be 240,000 a year - less than 0.2% of the passenger numbers.  This is a tiny percentage, one which other airlines are envious of.

Remember that the giant BA only flies about 45 million passengers a year, only a third as many as Ryanair, yet has many more flight delays.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 19:18:11 pm »
That's only the ones they consider themselves liable to compensate..

Offline bedouin

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 19:57:31 pm »
That's only the ones they consider themselves liable to compensate..

You forget there are EU rules....

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 20:26:21 pm »
oh yes...the EU rules ;)

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 22:16:39 pm »
to be fair though, its like ryannair are spitting in your face after ruining your holiday and laughing about it.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 22:51:22 pm »
to be fair though, its like ryannair are spitting in your face after ruining your holiday and laughing about it.

In what way could that be construed as "fair"?

Offline beachlife

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 00:32:51 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_largest_airlines

Worlds biggest international airline according to who and on what criteria?

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2018, 00:59:59 am »
forget all the fluff, the only thing that matters here is bedruin owns shares in ryannair so they will back ryannair regardless if they are screwing tens of thousands of customers.

Offline bedouin

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2018, 09:51:19 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World%27s_largest_airlines

Worlds biggest international airline according to who and on what criteria?

Based purely on the numbers of international passengers.  Ryanair routinely flies over 100 million passengers internationally each year.  The rest of the world's airlines don't approach this figure.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/ryanair-carries-more-international-passengers-than-any-other-airline-1.2768447

Offline paully

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2018, 10:45:54 am »
Now they are cutting hand luggage unless you pay more..To be fair, they are worried that the shareholders arn`t going to get their usual large `divi` caused largely by Ryanair themselves but never mind..the punters must pay.. ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45289432

Offline bedouin

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2018, 11:20:09 am »
To be fair, they are worried that the shareholders arn`t going to get their usual large `divi` caused largely by Ryanair themselves but never mind..the punters must pay.. ;D

Nonsense! If you knew anything at all about Ryanair, you'd know that they rarely pay dividends, preferring instead to buy back shares.

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 12:09:41 pm »
Now they are cutting hand luggage unless you pay more..To be fair, they are worried that the shareholders arn`t going to get their usual large `divi` caused largely by Ryanair themselves but never mind..the punters must pay.. ;D

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-45289432
Crikey, it seems complicated, perhaps deliberately so, confuse us all and the unwary will have to stump up, that said though I`m certainly in favour of stopping the chancers who manage to get away with sneaking massive amounts of clandestine luggage on board. I can`t see it leading to improved turn round times if the boarding gate gets clogged up with staff in the image of the infamous pointy eared one from a few seasons ago pouncing on the unwary and weighing their luggage with a hand held set of scales. The very concept of hand luggage only travel was saint michael`s and together with on line check in was a real improvement, I wouldn`t like to see it stagger to a halt under the weight of creeping sophistication.

Offline duncolm

• Fuerteventura Guidebook
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 14:03:23 pm »
It's rather ironic. The company which introduced baggage charges to encourage customers away from hold luggage (presumably to minimise check-in and baggage handling costs) are now introducing charges to encourage them to get their luggage back into the hold.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2018, 15:00:59 pm »
out of interest, whe  they cancel your ticket will they also refund your accomodation ? will they also pay your annual leave as most cannot just get up and go whenever they want and might not be able to get time off again for a few months.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2018, 15:54:12 pm »
It's rather ironic. The company which introduced baggage charges to encourage customers away from hold luggage (presumably to minimise check-in and baggage handling costs) are now introducing charges to encourage them to get their luggage back into the hold.

That's because it's now a mad free for all to make sure you get your baggage above your seat and not half way down the plane. The whole hand baggage procedure is a joke as far as I'm concerned. The hold is built for baggage and that's where it should be, not crammed into every tiny crevice in the overhead lockers. Should just be free hold luggage up to a certain weight and then payment above that. Overhead lockers for small personal items only. And duty free goods of course.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 15:54:37 pm »
out of interest, whe  they cancel your ticket will they also refund your accomodation ? will they also pay your annual leave as most cannot just get up and go whenever they want and might not be able to get time off again for a few months.

Dream on