Author Topic: Forum  (Read 1429 times)

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
Re: Forum
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2018, 20:52:55 pm »
I think quite a number of people on here know who the trouble makers & s**t stirrers are. I know I have about 8 blocked already. If we want to keep this forum going for the purposes it has always served then let’s all block them. They can argue away till they lose the will to live & everyone else can just carry on posting as normal. If you have a poster blocked just carry on through & pretend they are not even there, move on to the next worthwhile post(er)

Offline Mr Boo Boo

• Everything is impossible until it is done
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2018, 07:50:28 am »
I think quite a number of people on here know who the trouble makers & s**t stirrers are. I know I have about 8 blocked already. If we want to keep this forum going for the purposes it has always served then let’s all block them. They can argue away till they lose the will to live & everyone else can just carry on posting as normal. If you have a poster blocked just carry on through & pretend they are not even there, move on to the next worthwhile post(er)

Hi Spit

How do I go about blocking the trolls...

Offline beachlife

« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2018, 08:33:42 am »

Hi Spit

Click on Profile
Move mouse to Modify Profile
Scroll down to Buddies/ignore
Click on Edit ignore list
Add user name you want to edit

Offline PHo

« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2018, 09:00:32 am »
Totally agree. Eight blocks have transformed the forum for me. I am now enjoying it again. You have the option of looking at a blocked post so every month or so I look at one at random to check they are still posting rubbish. They always are

Offline Mr Boo Boo

• Everything is impossible until it is done
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2018, 09:48:38 am »
Thanks Beach/PHO

Offline dagwood

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2018, 10:08:14 am »
Totally agree. Eight blocks have transformed the forum for me. I am now enjoying it again. You have the option of looking at a blocked post so every month or so I look at one at random to check they are still posting rubbish. They always are

Isn’t it just wonderful, you can now sit back and spout any old rubbish and not be criticized as you believe this forum should be a mutual admiration society. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if life were like that.
Brown sauce which bank screws you the most and PG tips here we go.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2018, 10:23:08 am »
Only been looking in on here for about 15 years and in my ignorance always thought that was what questions and queries was for. As were all the other catagories for specific subjects. And general chat was exactly that ...general, from which brexit was never officially excluded. Again as far as I am aware.

Those wishing to block are at liberty to do so, but not knowing or particularly caring whether I am one of them, I will carry on responding to posts as I see fit and will continue to take the forum as it comes warts and all... as I always have.

If you wish to block please do so...it's your right,, but don't keep telling me about it.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2018, 10:49:03 am »
Only been looking in on here for about 15 years and in my ignorance always thought that was what questions and queries was for. As were all the other catagories for specific subjects. And general chat was exactly that ...general, from which brexit was never officially excluded. Again as far as I am aware.

Those wishing to block are at liberty to do so, but not knowing or particularly caring whether I am one of them, I will carry on responding to posts as I see fit and will continue to take the forum as it comes warts and all... as I always have.

If you wish to block please do so...it's your right,, but don't keep telling me about it.

Believe it or not I’m in100% agreement with you.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2018, 12:08:42 pm »
Nice to know somebody is listening to what I say ;)

Offline PHo

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2018, 14:58:12 pm »
You see, it works perfectly. After Gramster's "Thank you", I have four ignored posts I don't need to read. And if this post elicits further troll responses I can ignore them too.  It is a bit like a strip of duck tape over their mouths - you can take it off but it is not advisable.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2018, 15:15:35 pm »
You don't need to read them no, but I'm pretty sure you do. The curiosity far outweighs the outrage.

And if you don't ?....we are all happy then.

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2018, 15:20:51 pm »
What did PHo have to say?

Offline dagwood

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2018, 16:20:37 pm »
Hi ivemovedagain l think it’s time to get the fight started, you Brexiteers want everything handed to you by Brussels but it’s you lot that want out. The sooner you go the better.
Will that stir it up ?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2018, 17:14:57 pm »
That would have started the ball rolling post referendum dag  but I'm afraid you need more than that these days...

As we both appear to be one of the dreaded eight nobody can see you abusing me, so feel free to give it your best shot.

Unless of course the blockers are peeking. ;)

Offline Brightspark

• Brexit Means Brexit
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2018, 17:20:09 pm »
You see, it works perfectly. After Gramster's "Thank you", I have four ignored posts I don't need to read. And if this post elicits further troll responses I can ignore them too.  It is a bit like a strip of duck tape over their mouths - you can take it off but it is not advisable.
lmfao, like a fat kid to a piece of cake I guarantee this muppet reads EVERY post he's chosen to hidden.

I would be interested to know however, for those that do indulge in using that magical ignore button, just how many of them identify as a left winger.
My guess is 90%+

Offline Brightspark

• Brexit Means Brexit
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2018, 17:22:41 pm »
Only been looking in on here for about 15 years and in my ignorance always thought that was what questions and queries was for.
Exactly this.
"post what I like or I will block you"

They should go look at the history books, they'll find that this was tried before, it didn't end too well.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2018, 17:37:45 pm »
Sticking your head in the sand and hoping all will be different when you pull it out is strange way of dealing with a problem.

Plus why bother to block when you can easily avoid the threads you don't like just by looking at the title and the original poster. There's plenty I find not to my taste so I just don't read them, but then I'm not trying to make a statement.

On a lighter note if I was a blocker I would be taking a look for sure,  and I'm positive they are no different to me. So you can rest assured we are being silently observed. ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2018, 17:43:16 pm »
Of course they’re peeking.
Im getting it hard to find a good right hook to let go because they’ll know I’m shadow boxing 🥊. Lol
I’m not sure about them being left wingers as sparkfart says but their defiantly right whingers which trumps politics anytime. A whinger is a whinger is a whinger.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 17:45:50 pm by dagwood »

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2018, 18:06:02 pm »
100% dagwood is the most blocked.

100%

Offline dagwood

« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2018, 18:16:58 pm »
100% dagwood is the most blocked.

100%

For once you may be right but I’d say your a close 2nd if you haven’t actually beaten me. Maybe I should block you.
No i won’t, I’d prefer to read your lunatic posts than be sent to sleep by Beachfart sorry beachcraft no beach oh whatever. I think I’ll block him when I remember his name.

Ps can’t help laughing at the thought of beachwhatshisname farting in the bath, what a load of bubbles 💨🌬💨. I know I won’t offend him as he had me blocked.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 18:28:11 pm by dagwood »

Offline beachlife

« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2018, 18:32:43 pm »
Sticking your head in the sand and hoping all will be different when you pull it out is strange way of dealing with a problem.

Plus why bother to block when you can easily avoid the threads you don't like just by looking at the title and the original poster. There's plenty I find not to my taste so I just don't read them, but then I'm not trying to make a statement.

On a lighter note if I was a blocker I would be taking a look for sure,  and I'm positive they are no different to me. So you can rest assured we are being silently observed. ;)

I am happy to have a debate with anyone who wishes to make sensible points without just posting inane comments. Nobody should have a closed mind, however pointless having a discussion with some people if they are not willing to move from their own point of view  or have a closed mind to any other view. However when it wanders into a waste of time as people move from making debating points to immature comments such as when on your cruise do ....... etc then its a sign that the people are not after a debate but have another agenda. Personally I was in the 1970`s very pro integrating with Europe, however as I read more and experienced the university of life and debated with others my views changed with rational debate.

You have a view on whether to block or not, for me I reluctantly have decided to block some people, as I know it`s not worth engaging with closed minds, as when you do it`s a waste of my time. While I share some of your views on other issues, on the issue of peeking I can assure you that I am not a peeker.

Offline Brightspark

• Brexit Means Brexit
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 18:54:26 pm »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 19:08:14 pm »

I am happy to have a debate with anyone who wishes to make sensible points without just posting inane comments. Nobody should have a closed mind, however pointless having a discussion with some people if they are not willing to move from their own point of view  or have a closed mind to any other view. However when it wanders into a waste of time as people move from making debating points to immature comments such as when on your cruise do ....... etc then its a sign that the people are not after a debate but have another agenda. Personally I was in the 1970`s very pro integrating with Europe, however as I read more and experienced the university of life and debated with others my views changed with rational debate.

You have a view on whether to block or not, for me I reluctantly have decided to block some people, as I know it`s not worth engaging with closed minds, as when you do it`s a waste of my time. While I share some of your views on other issues, on the issue of peeking I can assure you that I am not a peeker.

From a definite peekee to a possible peeker...  point taken beachlife.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 19:12:17 pm »

From a definite peekee to a possible peeker...  point taken beachlife.

He only peeks with one eye 👁. The all seeing one.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2018, 20:53:27 pm »
pretty sure that proves his point spamwood

Offline dagwood

« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2018, 21:13:12 pm »
pretty sure that proves his point spamwood

And which point would that be Virgina, economists can prove almost anything on paper but it’s a bit more tricky in reality. 

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2018, 22:29:17 pm »
pretty sure it's going to be a NO DEAL

we tried to help our brothers out but EU wanted to make a point. look and see how we prosper 

Offline dagwood

« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 22:36:30 pm »
pretty sure it's going to be a NO DEAL

we tried to help our brothers out but EU wanted to make a point. look and see how we prosper

Definitely I’ll be watching closely and I’ll let you know how well you're doing  😉😉😉

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2018, 23:59:02 pm »

Hi Spit

Hi Gramster, go to “profile” then “forum profile” then lmodify profile” then “buddies/ignore list” that should do it for you. Best thing I did in a long time 😁😁

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2018, 07:09:55 am »
Let's look at it this way ..out of bad sometimes comes good. This is the most amusing thread I have seen on the forum for years..