Author Topic: Ryanair still doing ok  (Read 458 times)

Offline dagwood

Ryanair still doing ok
« on: October 02, 2018, 16:42:45 pm »
Ryanair said its passenger numbers in September rose by 6% to 12.6 million despite two days of pilot and cabin crew strikes in five countries.

The airline had flown 11.8 million passengers the same time last year.

It said its load factor - how many seats it fills on each flight - was steady at 97%.

When passenger numbers from Laudamotion are included, total passenger numbers on Ryanair rose by 11% to 13.1 million last month, Ryanair added

Offline vivafuerte

Re: Ryanair still doing ok
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 17:21:58 pm »
40000 people’s holiday plans ruined

Still the most hated airline in the world and stock is tumbling.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 22:34:05 pm »
And 400000 BA customers bank accounts ruined. And what about Primera

Offline bedouin

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 23:46:24 pm »
Yes, lots of airlines have problems at the moment.  Ryanair's not doing too badly, although their profit forecast has dropped to about 1.1 billion euros (which still makes easyJet's profits look dismal).

Offline dagwood

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 00:08:27 am »
Just thinking I might take a bit of dosh out of the post office and buy a few more as I think it’s a great chance to make a  bit of profit. A lot safer than those crypto currency’s. Did I tell you I bought some Tesla last week. Did ok.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 16:07:02 pm »
Slightly off topic, but if anyone is looking to invest take a look at Versarien, I bought on a tip last year at 40p, will be a £20 share in a year or two i am assured.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 19:12:38 pm »
Slightly off topic, but if anyone is looking to invest take a look at Versarien, I bought on a tip last year at 40p, will be a £20 share in a year or two i am assured.

Looks an attractive buy and was excellent value when you bought. You could probably off load some and replace your original investment  and let the rest work away. I would personally be cautious at this point in time as this type of company may have staffing and export/import and currency difficulties after March next. This is just my opinion and my reason for not getting too heavily involved. But I would be cautious by nature and not into risk.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2018, 08:26:00 am »
The guy I got the tip from is very Knowledgeable, when it comes to thak kind of thing over the years he has pointed me toward 8 investments and always will say short, medium or long term investment, only one of which he was incorrect on but told us to get out and we did and still made a small profit, so I will go with his 3 year investment which is now 2 years to go.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2018, 08:31:39 am »
He sounds like a shrewd operator stick with it and good luck 😉