Author Topic: Poppy  (Read 1140 times)

Offline malabu

Poppy
« on: November 08, 2018, 16:01:17 pm »
So the Irish DONT want to where a poppy because it’s british and here we are arguing with Europe putting the whole of the UK in an impossible position of retaining an open border, holding the country to ransom for billions, feck off and let’s get on with running our own country, sorry but it’s getting out of hand, rant over

Offline vivafuerte

Re: Poppy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 17:17:53 pm »
has anyone ever met malabu ?

his posts genuinely sound like dagwood.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 17:24:36 pm »
So the Irish DONT want to wear a poppy because it’s British and here we are arguing with Europe putting the whole of the UK in an impossible position of retaining an open border, holding the country to ransom for billions, feck off and let’s get on with running our own country, sorry but it’s getting out of hand, rant over

There is an Irish Bar un Caleta that has in previous years, refused to serve a couple of lads because they were wearing poppies, they're prerogative but I and a number of other Brits just do not go there anymore.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 18:13:13 pm »
Name and shame please

Offline Brightspark

• Brexit Means Brexit
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 18:26:00 pm »

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 21:43:00 pm »
So the Irish DONT want to wear a poppy because it’s British and here we are arguing with Europe putting the whole of the UK in an impossible position of retaining an open border, holding the country to ransom for billions, feck off and let’s get on with running our own country, sorry but it’s getting out of hand, rant over

There is an Irish Bar un Caleta that has in previous years, refused to serve a couple of lads because they were wearing poppies, they're prerogative but I and a number of other Brits just do not go there anymore.
[/quote

There are only two John. Which one is it ?

Offline malabu

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 11:58:32 am »

You are more than welcome as I have said many times to come up and meet me, so can Dagwood, o sorry I forgot that’s you

Offline dagwood

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 13:15:36 pm »

You are more than welcome as I have said many times to come up and meet me, so can Dagwood, o sorry I forgot that’s you

On a different topic did you ever find the bird that you lost ?

Offline malabu

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 13:36:44 pm »

[/quote
no I have not found him but have had to buy another one to stop his partner refusing to eat or do anything, I have had messages from friends who have spotted him but no joy with getting him back I am still hopeful, I don’t know how long he can survive on his own as he was like all my birds hand raised and has no sense of the outside world,  but thanks for asking, by the way I live here the fool you liken me to does not, work it out.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 13:48:00 pm »

[/quote
no I have not found him but have had to buy another one to stop his partner refusing to eat or do anything, I have had messages from friends who have spotted him but no joy with getting him back I am still hopeful, I don’t know how long he can survive on his own as he was like all my birds hand raised and has no sense of the outside world,  but thanks for asking, by the way I live here the fool you liken me to does not, work it out.

I’m sorry to hear that but as you say maybe you might still find him.

Offline woe10

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2018, 14:23:08 pm »
Once again a post descends into some boring waffle on a different subject. Do us a favour whoever Trolled it, and get lost.

Now, can we find out which Irish Bar this is that won't serve anybody wearing a poppy.   :o

Offline dagwood

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2018, 14:33:34 pm »
Once again a post descends into some boring waffle on a different subject. Do us a favour whoever Trolled it, and get lost.

Now, can we find out which Irish Bar this is that won't serve anybody wearing a poppy.   :o

F off

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2018, 15:47:17 pm »
If there's only two it can't be hard to work it out. I would have thought a business that refuses to serve customers because of their beliefs must be well known by the local community.

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2018, 16:19:09 pm »
Or perhaps it was a couple of lads (wearing poppies) who had too much to drink and were refused any more.

You just know how these Expat Bar stories can be exaggerated/manipulated/glorified to make something out of nothing. Especially in a place like Chaveta!

Offline dagwood

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2018, 16:25:47 pm »
A bit of a he said she said. How can we be sure of what took place and that they may have been asked to leave for other reasons and just happened to be wearing poppies. Has anybody on here actually wittiness this disagreement in a PUB.
I see we in Ireland have a poppy on a green background to remember the 250,000 Irish that were lost in WW1 and the thousands of Irish  that were lost in WW2. A
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 17:00:01 pm by dagwood »

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 17:04:48 pm »
Should be able to wear what you like be it green red or purple.

Caleta isn't a very big place..someone must know the truth of it. Or the misinterpretation if that's what it is.

Be ideal if johnrugby told us it's origin.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2018, 17:19:24 pm »

Caleta isn't a very big place..someone must know the truth of it. Or the misinterpretation if that's what it is.

The origin is a good friend of mine who was in there watching soccer and saw it happen. at the back end of last year.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2018, 17:21:18 pm »

Are you suggesting that if someone is wearing an emblem of some sort they should be allowed to be an asshole in a pub and upset other customers ?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 17:40:10 pm »
Nope..

Offline dagwood

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2018, 17:40:53 pm »
Good.

Offline malabu

« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2018, 17:49:42 pm »

Are you suggesting that if someone is wearing an emblem of some sort they should be allowed to be an asshole in a pub and upset other customers ?
I think you will no one said anything about anyone being an asshole just the fact they wore a poppy the asshole is your take on it or by way of diverting the topic away from its original point

Offline dagwood

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2018, 18:17:04 pm »
Malibu The Irish are not holding anyone to ransom, it’s the DUP, a political party in Ulster which at this time is part of the U.K. what ever we think. Ulster has been set up years ago to be home to Scots planters who want to be British. These planters were not like people from the U.K. who were always tolerant to Irish people of all religions but always kept jobs and housing etc for people of their own religion. They also claim to be loyal to the crown. They once had a large majority in Ulster but that’s getting smaller each year. They have also screwed your government for loads of cash for their votes. So it’s brits screwing brits and we want no part of them. South of the border we’re just minding our own corner and standing up to anyone who threatens us including the brexiteers.
Most of our politicians are wearing poppies to remember the war dead including the 250000 plus Irish who lost their lives in WW1.
Also neither you or I were in that pub that night so how can we be sure of what happened.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 18:18:53 pm by dagwood »

Offline malabu

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2018, 18:32:12 pm »
And you were not in the pub either so how do you know it was a drunken asshole

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2018, 18:34:27 pm »
If Johnrugby's mate isn't a liar or wasn't inebriated at the time then
we do know what happened..
I'd now like to know the name of the establishment concerned.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #24 on: November 09, 2018, 18:51:36 pm »
And you were not in the pub either so how do you know it was a drunken asshole

Looks like your one at this point in time.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2018, 18:53:35 pm »
If Johnrugby's mate isn't a liar or wasn't inebriated at the time then
we do know what happened..
I'd now like to know the name of the establishment concerned.

Do we, again it’s a he says she says at best.

« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2018, 19:00:51 pm »
These stories are invariably a mate told me this or my mates brother in law told me that.
Anyone who has any experience of drinking in Expat bars will be aware how gossip and general B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T gets exaggerated a million miles away from the truth. In fact, expats in Fuerte  make a hobby out of it. Something I've witnessed, a Witch hunt whereby around 15 expats were literally hunting an individual out of town based on what he allegedly done last night. Aye, they love a good witch hunt after a few pints of Tropical with a few Sambuca chasers. Do you seriously think it's ok to give an establishment a bad name on this forum based on what someone's mate who was watching the football told him?

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2018, 19:12:12 pm »
im going to back up my own post with another account im using to try and make people think i have a valid point

we know, surely you have better things to be doing with your dieing days ?

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2018, 19:14:33 pm »
These stories are invariably a mate told me this or my mates brother in law told me that.
Anyone who has any experience of drinking in Expat bars will be aware how gossip and general B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T gets exaggerated a million miles away from the truth. In fact, expats in Fuerte  make a hobby out of it. Something I've witnessed, a Witch hunt whereby around 15 expats were literally hunting an individual out of town based on what he allegedly done last night. Aye, they love a good witch hunt after a few pints of Tropical with a few Sambuca chasers. Do you seriously think it's ok to give an establishment a bad name on this forum based on what someone's mate who was watching the football told him?

You seem to have spent too long in the expat bars you're moaning about  ;)

« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2018, 19:19:26 pm »
Yep, long enough to know what I'm talking about. With your attitude I wonder why you moved away. Sounds like the place suited you very well.