Author Topic: The "Fuerteventura click" forum  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Brightspark

• 🆃🅰🅼🅺🅸🅳 = 🆂🅾🆈🅱🅾🆈
The "Fuerteventura click" forum
« on: November 16, 2018, 10:18:18 am »
Oh wow, found this gem yesterday via a link on another thread.
Bless those little snowflakes for creating their own little rose tinted haven, it's actually quite cute.

But..

There are several problems with their little mecca and because of these it will fail and fall on its backside quite quickly.

Seemingly it's user base is specifically handpicked via the private messaging facility on this forum (dirty tactics I know) and that's great, but the likelihood of the site owner generating organic visits via search engines will be incredibly slim due to the "click" domain.
Unlike a dot com domain search engines will likely either ignore or rank it very low on search results.

So that's one problem.

Next problem is that history is unfortunately not on their side.
As someone who spent many years working online historically these kind of spin off sites never work.
There's a bit of hype to begin, then a long lay off where people begin to think "I would have had a reply on the other site before now" and very quickly the site dies a death.
Just look at Facebook vs Google+ for evidence of that.

And finally, this site is a mammoth, yes, it's contributors have slowed in recent years for reasons I've explained many times but the sheer amount of pages indexed by Google makes it huge, to compete with it is sheer madness (sunny Fuerteventura tried but that seems real quiet over there now)

I'll give this new site 5 months, after which time you'll see their user base return here with their tail between their legs  ;)

Offline el caballo hambriento

Re: The "Fuerteventura click" forum
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 13:21:39 pm »
It will be kept up to date with things it promotes - eg see top right here for the Feria of 2015, never updated.  You can upload pictures without a load of hassle.  It is moderated. 

Offline Brightspark

• 🆃🅰🅼🅺🅸🅳 = 🆂🅾🆈🅱🅾🆈
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 13:27:09 pm »
It will be kept up to date with things it promotes - eg see top right here for the Feria of 2015, never updated.  You can upload pictures without a load of hassle.  It is moderated.
it could have the metropolitan police patrolling it, it will make zero difference.
As I've said, it will die quickly and only maintained a short while whilst the site owner still has the patience to do it.
To attempt and create a traditional forum whilst social media is at this peak is futile, yes, some still cling to older methods of communicating, but it's not enough to grow and maintain a community.

Offline paully

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 13:33:20 pm »

You seem to have an obsession with all things `moderated`,although can`t help but notice you are well able to dish it out ..hmm

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 15:55:39 pm »
The owner/admin or whatever of this site appears to have gone to sleep or given up so there is no leadership and there has been none for ages.  When the site goes down it takes ages to restore it and features are lost.  There is no one to moderate it.  Very unprofessional.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 16:13:41 pm »
Yiz are all just jealous of the new site.

Online Ivemovedon

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 16:26:42 pm »
Apparently snowflake is a no no because somebody has set themselves very high standards and expects nothing less from everyone else. And they actually took him seriously.

I hope it is successful though...it keeps them happy,...and quiet. ;)

Offline dagwood

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 16:40:30 pm »
I suppose that lot over on the Click forum could almost be considered as the political wing of this Forum ;D

Offline Brightspark

• 🆃🅰🅼🅺🅸🅳 = 🆂🅾🆈🅱🅾🆈
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 18:28:26 pm »
The owner/admin or whatever of this site appears to have gone to sleep or given up so there is no leadership and there has been none for ages.  When the site goes down it takes ages to restore it and features are lost.  There is no one to moderate it.  Very unprofessional.
You are beyond help, as I've said in the past, I can't begin to imagine how you deal with life on a daily basis without the apparent need to have someone wipe your backside for you.

Yiz are all just jealous of the new site.
Quite the opposite, as suggested, short term it will do us a favour getting shot of the permoffended brigade.
The only reason I've decided to make a topic on it is because there is an element on that forum that now identifies this forum as "the dark side" and that (probably the people that have commented on this thread so far, myself included) certain individuals should be told to keep away from it, obviously I have no interest in joining it, but I wanted to make the point to them (as I know they're reading this) that they're apparent joy will be short lived for reasons I've pointed out above.

Online Ivemovedon

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 18:40:10 pm »
Are you suggesting they are peeping?

And just to add I find the dark side offensive.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 18:42:33 pm by Ivemovedon »

Offline dagwood

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 19:56:28 pm »
Are you suggesting they are peeping?

And just to add I find the dark side offensive.

Do you mean racist?

Online Ivemovedon

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2018, 20:02:29 pm »
You got it.

Offline dagwood

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2018, 20:16:34 pm »
My problem is how will I know how to find HP sauce, YR sauce, PG tips and what ships are docked in  PDR. How will I manage. I think the words BREXIT POPPY RYANAIR REMAINER LEAVER HAPPY HOUR and words like S.I.H.T.H.E.A.D are automatically filtered out. Just like us.

Offline paully

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2018, 20:32:54 pm »
My problem is how will I know how to find HP sauce, YR sauce, PG tips and what ships are docked in  PDR. How will I manage. I think the words BREXIT POPPY RYANAIR REMAINER LEAVER HAPPY HOUR and words like S.I.H.T.H.E.A.D are automatically filtered out. Just like us.

I feel your pain Dagwood.....you will have to seek counselling...help is possible  ;D ;D

Offline dagwood

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2018, 20:34:22 pm »
I knew someone would understand. I’m felling better already.

Offline zedzedeleven

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2018, 20:37:04 pm »
Someone must be keeping at least a weather eye on here, the "tamaragua" post was repositioned quickly enough. Perhaps we are all better behaved nowadays.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2018, 21:03:33 pm »
dagwoods already joined it 16 times

Offline paully

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2018, 21:17:54 pm »
Someone must be keeping at least a weather eye on here, the "tamaragua" post was repositioned quickly enough. Perhaps we are all better behaved nowadays.

Maybe they all come from Tam ;D ;D

Online Ivemovedon

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2018, 21:20:22 pm »
No mate. Have it on good authority they are the Caleta crew.

Offline paully

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2018, 22:42:53 pm »
Makes sense ..

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2018, 12:08:15 pm »
There is a gossip about a british swap network.
Is this the same bunch?

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2018, 12:18:12 pm »
Just sour grapes with Brightspark.  Let's see what happens several months ahead.  I urge members of fuerteventura.click to spread the word about it on the likes of Trip Advisor to help up its SEO and for other members here to join it.  As it is moderated the likes of Brightspark will be sorted out to leave a pleasant environment in which to make posts.

Offline vivafuerte

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2018, 12:24:42 pm »
is dagwood allowed to try and bully people/multi account on there ?

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2018, 12:31:09 pm »

That will depend on the sophistication of the software pertaining to the site.

Offline Brightspark

• 🆃🅰🅼🅺🅸🅳 = 🆂🅾🆈🅱🅾🆈
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2018, 15:00:25 pm »
Just sour grapes with Brightspark.  Let's see what happens several months ahead.  I urge members of fuerteventura.click to spread the word about it on the likes of Trip Advisor to help up its SEO and for other members here to join it.  As it is moderated the likes of Brightspark will be sorted out to leave a pleasant environment in which to make posts.
sure it is you absolute melt  :) ;D

As I've already said in my original post, it's doomed from the start, SEO is worthless on a "click" domain.
Google won't even look at it unless it's a performing TLD.

Offline Brightspark

• 🆃🅰🅼🅺🅸🅳 = 🆂🅾🆈🅱🅾🆈
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2018, 15:01:15 pm »

That will depend on the sophistication of the software pertaining to the site.
You really are quite special  ;D

Online Ivemovedon

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2018, 19:18:27 pm »
Sounds as if the 'light side' has got our cards marked.

Offline Ronnie The Bantam

• life's better with a whopper
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2018, 21:56:51 pm »
Agree Baz , the new forum probably won't last ( no dross section, no major postings), but surely you must admit General chat on here has been dominated recently by a couple of contributers turning every thread into a now boring Brexit vendetta against each other.

Offline gattaca66

« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2018, 22:21:38 pm »
I for one found this site extremely useful when we first looked at buying in Fuerteventura some five years ago. Most of the discussions were relevant to us, and I was impressed and grateful with the way in which any queries I had were met with a measured and informed response. And yes, the fun stuff was great too, the quizzes etc. Sadly, the site has changed over the intervening period, particularly the last year or so, and seems to have become dominated by personal squabbles between the same few contributors. That's just my observation as an increasingly infrequent visitor to the site...all things change, I guess, but not always for the better, and it probably just reflects the general coarsening of debate throughout the twittersphere and other fora these days. Es la vida, as they say in these parts!

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2018, 22:35:30 pm »
I for one found this site extremely useful when we first looked at buying in Fuerteventura some five years ago. Most of the discussions were relevant to us, and I was impressed and grateful with the way in which any queries I had were met with a measured and informed response. And yes, the fun stuff was great too, the quizzes etc. Sadly, the site has changed over the intervening period, particularly the last year or so, and seems to have become dominated by personal squabbles between the same few contributors. That's just my observation as an increasingly infrequent visitor to the site...all things change, I guess, but not always for the better, and it probably just reflects the general coarsening of debate throughout the twittersphere and other fora these days. Es la vida, as they say in these parts!

Agree. Which is why I rarely get involved these days.