Author Topic: Do something meaningful today.  (Read 2054 times)

Offline perrypower1

Re: Do something meaningful today.
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2019, 11:14:41 am »
Great.  I can live with that.  It seems we have a concensus that we can all accept.  We leave EU on the basis of Common Market 2.0. 
Thanks!

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #61 on: March 26, 2019, 11:34:52 am »
I can live with that. Seems to be one of the most likely outcomes after the events last night. Common sense prevails.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #62 on: March 26, 2019, 12:57:16 pm »
Next few months are going to be even more interesting than the last few years.

We will see.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #63 on: March 26, 2019, 15:05:36 pm »
Ok, i have been opposed to The EU/Common Market or anything else you want it to call it since its inception, but like most people I am sick to the back teeth of all  the arguing and indecision and have stopped following  in any great detail what is going on as, to be honest, I could not care less, however, I have skimmed through the so-called Common market 2 would appear to give the UK all that it requires, so can someone tell me other than bloody-mindedness, if this will go through parliament why are they still arguing?

Offline perrypower1

« Reply #64 on: March 26, 2019, 15:36:18 pm »
It crosses some of May's self imposed redlines but as it is expected she will be setting her resignation date at the 1922 session tomorrow at 5pm and it depends on her WA being accepted she would probably concede it.

It will be acceptable to some if not the majority of labour and a good chunk of conservatives.  SNP may be pursuaded  to accept it on mass and lib Dems well who knows.

Remainers don't like that it takes us out of EU

Leavers don't like that it keeps us in single market although we get emergency Brake, leave CFP, CAP and can negotiate our own third party trade deals but lose existing third party trade deals.

We still contribute to EU coffers but much lower amount.

It is a resolution or compromise depending on how glass halfish you want to be. 

Offline Archer

« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2019, 15:46:45 pm »
And goes against DUP manifesto, so not sure they'll accept. But that may not matter!

Only problem, for Leavers, is it keeps freedom of movement, and a higher court controlling us from outside, and continued contributions, but at a slightly lower level.

And then Corbyn thinks he's the kingmaker.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2019, 16:49:58 pm »
Appears  to me the only way forward for anyone who wants to leave with any dignity now is to support May's deal, make our EU withdrawal irreversible and then hope a new pro brexit PM takes on the EU from the outside looking in .Once we are out you  can be sure of an easier negotiating path, especially if there is someone running the show who actually believes in what they are doing and saying.

Well that's my hope anyway.

Offline paully

« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2019, 17:58:42 pm »
Appears  to me the only way forward for anyone who wants to leave with any dignity now is to support May's deal, make our EU withdrawal irreversible and then hope a new pro brexit PM takes on the EU from the outside looking in .Once we are out you  can be sure of an easier negotiating path, especially if there is someone running the show who actually believes in what they are doing and saying.

Well that's my hope anyway.

I tend to agree with you and agree with John above....I`m sick of the whole damn thing..Just want it sorted, one way or the other....Fat chance I suppose

« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2019, 18:55:08 pm »
Is it really affecting you so dramatically? I suggest you try changing your negative attitude/outlook to something more positive and you may find your life improving no end.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2019, 19:21:45 pm »
How can any positivity whatsoever be gleaned out of this fiasco and the realisation of just how untrustworthy our politicians are, how Parliamentary procedure can be manipulated at any time to suit an agenda and how disasterously fragile Democracy is in today's Britain.

Offline The Equaliser

« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2019, 19:05:08 pm »
Please take back three pieces of plastic rubbish from the beach and recycle. That would be meaningful.

Offline The Equaliser

« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2019, 19:24:53 pm »

« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2019, 20:12:11 pm »
Look around you & there would be 6 other people dropping or leaving their plastic and rubbish. Alas, the Planet is doomed, because of mankind, and it’s ignorance.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2019, 22:22:19 pm »
Its not ignorance, we know what we are doing to the planet, the majority of us just don't care enough to do anything about it, mankind being wiped out will be a blessing, its all other living species I feel sorry for.