Author Topic: 2 new restaurants in Caleta  (Read 1488 times)

Offline ashworth

2 new restaurants in Caleta
« on: June 04, 2019, 15:19:09 pm »
Another 2 restaurants have opened across from the bus station. I think we now have enough eating options for everyone. I just hope there are enough customers to keep them all busy.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 05:11:06 am by ashworth »

Offline matahari

Re: New Restaurants in Caleta
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 15:55:51 pm »
Ohana opened up on Sunday with free food and drink and was obviously very busy as a result. It is an Italian restaurant, not Spanish. It was not open when we went by on Monday afternoon, so either Monday they are closed but more likely they only open in the evening. Hoping to try it tonight after seeing John Wick 3. California (next door but one) was open on Sunday and I suspect may have opened on Saturday. Hoping to try that on Saturday.

Offline sungod

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 17:42:59 pm »
I would say that one of the problems of Caleta is that it's too "turisty".. it has the same feeling like when you enter a fake town in an amusement park.

And with the new hotel development it will be even worse in that aspect.

And when you have been in Caleta for a while you realize that there's "nothing" there really.. no "real" shops or anything.
It's towels, tobacco and alcohol every other store. The best shopping is in the shopping centre.. but the town centre is pretty much "meh".

Since they ruined the beach there's no good reason to choose Caleta over other places on the island.

Offline malabu

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2019, 19:09:11 pm »
Try Corrie best of everything,

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 20:40:17 pm »
By my calculation, there is now a total of 129 bars and restaurants in Caleta (including the Atlantico Center) - way too many for the amount of people who holiday and live here.  I don't know how they are all going to survive.

At least 3 more bars/restaurants are due to open upstairs in the Castillo Plaza.

Offline ashworth

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 05:13:06 am »
I would say that one of the problems of Caleta is that it's too "turisty".. it has the same feeling like when you enter a fake town in an amusement park.

And when you have been in Caleta for a while you realize that there's "nothing" there really.. no "real" shops or anything.
It's towels, tobacco and alcohol every other store. The best shopping is in the shopping centre.. but the town centre is pretty much "meh".

Since they ruined the beach there's no good reason to choose Caleta over other places on the island.
What new Hotel development?

Offline sungod

Offline matahari

Re: 2 new restaurants in Caleta
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 08:16:59 am »
OK, having been on opening night we decided to go to Ohana last night to see what sort of stuff they were offering. I have to say the experience was very disappointing. Outside was full so we had to sit inside, not a problem, by the window. Staff were friendly enough, but given there were 4 serving there ere a bit slow serving us. The menu was just snacks but the did offer a 'cold cuts' platter which looked pretty much what they served on opening night - not very impressive. The was a blackboard of daily specials as you walked in, but this wasn't repeated inside. They didn't ask if we wanted food so I'm afraid we downed our drinks and went 'next door' to California. No one here when we arrived and there were three staff serving. As the name suggests it is sort of American themed, We chose cheese burgers, which came with the usual salad garnish and chips. Nothing to shout about but OK I guess. So, both places snacky, cafe/bars. I wish them well, but we won't be back.

Offline woe10

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2019, 17:44:47 pm »
Ridiculous opening another Bar in Caleta. The place is struggling as it is. Good luck to them, they'll need it  :o

Offline woe10

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2019, 17:49:09 pm »

There is no "New Hotel Development"   :o

Offline spitfire58

• Fife, Scotland & Valles de Ortega, Fuerteventura
  • Just tell me how soon I can retire !!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2019, 01:15:30 am »
I believe there is to be a hotel as part of that proposed development on the open ground between Caleta & the Elba hotels (or thereabouts)

Offline emmi

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2019, 13:26:44 pm »
I believe there is to be a hotel as part of that proposed development on the open ground between Caleta & the Elba hotels (or thereabouts)

I am also aware of this proposal.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2019, 13:48:25 pm »
I am almost positive there is another one opening a little further down past the Farmacia, going to be called The Coco Loco apparently, then add on the new Steak House, and we are up to 131 ::) ::) ::)

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2019, 14:09:06 pm »
I am almost positive there is another one opening a little further down past the Farmacia, going to be called The Coco Loco apparently, then add on the new Steak House, and we are up to 131 ::) ::) ::)

I've just been told that Spirit bar opened last Saturday, upstairs in the Castillo Plaza. That'll be near the Coco Loco and the Milo Sun Steakhouse when it opens.

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 15:58:57 pm »

I've just been told that Spirit bar opened last Saturday, upstairs in the Castillo Plaza. That'll be near the Coco Loco and the Milo Sun Steakhouse when it opens.

OK, that's 132 then, any guesses on when we will reach 150 or crash back to 100 ::) ::)

Offline ashworth

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 07:36:38 am »
Good luck to them all. At least they don't have to pay 1000s in Business rates like in the UK. Even Jeremy Oliver has gone bust because of them. Pay the rent, staff, food with good profit on wine. Let's have a go.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 07:39:17 am by ashworth »

Offline ashworth

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2019, 07:50:53 am »

It is a tourist resort where people come on Holiday although many of the villas and apartments on the golf courses have people in them who live here and come from all over Europe. It has 2 great beaches miles of wonderful sea walks and in 10 minutes you can be walking in the mountains watching Eagles. The working marina and Dive Centre are a great place to go to and the weather is the best in Europe. We have no high rise hotels like the rest of Spain.Maybe thats the reason people come back year after year.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2019, 12:39:30 pm »
Whats the Obesity, Blood Pressure, Diabetes and Gout levels like in Calorie-eata?? there's always one spoil sport :P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline sungod

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2019, 14:53:20 pm »

It is a tourist resort where people come on Holiday although many of the villas and apartments on the golf courses have people in them who live here and come from all over Europe. It has 2 great beaches miles of wonderful sea walks and in 10 minutes you can be walking in the mountains watching Eagles. The working marina and Dive Centre are a great place to go to and the weather is the best in Europe. We have no high rise hotels like the rest of Spain.Maybe thats the reason people come back year after year.

Well I wrote "other places on the island" not other places in spain. And I doubt that the weather in Caleta specifically is the best in Europe.

I don't know what 2 beaches you are talking about because since they tried to do the beach restoration the main beach is ruined.

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2019, 16:10:17 pm »
and in 10 minutes you can be walking in the mountains watching Eagles.

It's no wonder Chavetta is so popular! I once saw The Eagles at Wembley Stadium. Dude, that 30 minute guitar solo on Hotels in California was awesome, although I must admit to nodding off half way through it.

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2019, 21:58:09 pm »
Don't forget the chipmunks

Offline erik_tonny

• It Ain't Necessarily So
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2019, 12:00:19 pm »
They on the menu as well?
Why not? As long as they are cheap the tourists will order them.

Offline matahari

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2019, 12:23:43 pm »
They on the menu as well?
Why not? As long as they are cheap the tourists will order them.
Especially for a Sunday roast or breakfast

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2019, 14:17:19 pm »
Spit Roast Chipmonk with Papas Arrugadas and Mojo sauce. Makes my mouth water.

Offline suendrob

• One Beautiful Island to Another
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2019, 17:22:06 pm »
More of a kebab than a spit roast, I'd have thought. :D

Offline Villan

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2019, 17:42:55 pm »

Spot on

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2019, 18:01:48 pm »
More of a kebab than a spit roast, I'd have thought. :D

That works too. With some pitta bread and a yoghurt & cucumber dip. Perhaps have the little Chipmonk ribs breadcrumbed & deep fried. Yum!

Offline Tamkid

« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2019, 22:05:03 pm »
Unbelievable, there is actually videos on YouTube showing you how to prepare and cook "Chip Monks" :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X One of the stars looks very much like "WOE" :'( :'( :'(

« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2019, 22:27:23 pm »
WOE. The oldest Chipmonk in Caleta. His constant whingeing and verbal diarrhoea is Guaranteed to give you a serious case of heartburn and indigestion  ;D ;D ;D

Offline woe10

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2019, 23:10:21 pm »
WOE. The oldest Chipmonk in Caleta. His constant whingeing and verbal diarrhoea is Guaranteed to give you a serious case of heartburn and indigestion  ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D