Author Topic: Buying an unfinished villa Tips  (Read 690 times)

Offline Marcin

Buying an unfinished villa Tips
« on: March 03, 2020, 10:30:29 am »
Hello,

I am interested to buy an unfinished villa from Real Estate agent. It has building permit but needs finishing and obtaining a licence of the first occupation. My concern is the fact that actual size of the villa is bigger than projected size, although the agent says that it’s common practise for neighbouring houses and in town hall interest is tthat someone finishes it. It’s located in rural area. Any tips, does it sound common to you or rather i should stay away?

Offline Johnrgby2

• Don't confuse my attitude with my personality.
Re: Buying an unfinished villa Tips
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2020, 11:39:15 am »
Hello,

I am interested to buy an unfinished villa from a Real Estate agent. It has a building permit but needs finishing and obtaining a licence of the first occupation. My concern is the fact that the actual size of the villa is bigger than projected size, although the agent says that it’s common practise for neighbouring houses and in town hall interest is that someone finishes it. It’s located in a rural area. Any tips, does it sound common to you or rather I should stay away?
[/quote

Good morning Marcin
Unfortunately, I cannot help you, but I strongly advise you to go to this site

https://fuerteventura.click/index.php

Where you are more likely to get a reply, this site was a year or two ago an excellent forum but unfortunately is now almost defunct.

In the meantime, I will pose the question on that site for you.

Offline paully

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 11:51:23 am »
Hello,

I am interested to buy an unfinished villa from Real Estate agent. It has building permit but needs finishing and obtaining a licence of the first occupation. My concern is the fact that actual size of the villa is bigger than projected size, although the agent says that it’s common practise for neighbouring houses and in town hall interest is tthat someone finishes it. It’s located in rural area. Any tips, does it sound common to you or rather i should stay away?

Hi Marcin..

Firstly, welcome to the forum.No need to go anywhere else, this site still functions. Firstly don`t believe  anything the agents tell you. They have an appalling record of lies and deceit over many years. Your first port of call should be a reputable local lawyer. With an unfinished building, there are many obstacles. Firstly under Spanish law if a building carries a debt then the new owner is immediately liable to service that debt,even though its nothing to do with you. It just how it is. Almost certainly anything unfinished will have a debt attached to it.

In respect of planning, again a good lawyer will be able to find the actual laws and views of the Council, rather than an airy fairy don`t worry it will all be ok.

Personally I would not get involved in an abandoned project the chances of it not ending well can be very high.

Let us know how you get on..all the best

Offline Captain Sensible

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 12:34:36 pm »
Be very careful Marcin.  Don't do anything without a lawyer who is independent of the estate agent. There is, potentially, a lot of problems to deal with.

Offline woe10

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 14:17:59 pm »
Personally, I wouldn't touch it.