Author Topic: Big Ben Bongs  (Read 9232 times)

Offline Ivemovedon

Re: Big Ben Bongs
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2020, 15:13:38 PM »
How do you like the new leader of your Country...Dominic Cummings? Suckers!

Suckers?...I would have voted for Cummings as PM if he'd been a candidate. Glad to see he is keeping Johnson focused on the job. Its what he's being paid good money to do.

Lol the anti Boris/ Brexit squealing is like the pressure of a leaking tap these days...it gets weaker and weaker as the days go by.

Offline paully

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2020, 18:18:27 PM »
Good one that John...gave me a good laugh...and many a true word in jest ;D
I HATE computer thingyss

My Community

« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2020, 18:18:27 PM »

Offline paully

« Reply #123 on: February 14, 2020, 09:52:28 AM »
Whats gone wrong..Here we are 2 weeks into Brexit and the Footsie is doing well, the pound is now a touch over 1.20. We still own the NHS and I went into the supermarket yesterday and found I could still buy Toilet rolls and bananas. The local Lidl was selling a South African red for £2.99.. In fact no shortages anywhere..

The remainers told us this could never happen.....you don`t think they were mistaken do you?? 

One thing that has changed though is the attitude of Portugal. Not widely reported but they are setting up dedicated arrival channels for British passport holders at ports of arrival, so speed entry to the country. They have pledged to continue to provide reciprocal health care regardless of what happens at the end of the year and British driving licences will be fully accepted as they are now. Bravo, the expats living there obviously made a wise choice don`t you think?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:57:26 AM by paully »
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #124 on: February 14, 2020, 10:47:00 AM »
Yep. It has to be said. Everything running nicely. Just got rid of that dodgy previously remain chancellor and all the Treasury plotters and brexit back stabbers who egged Hammond along to do his worst. I always said Boris would have to be ruthless to weed out all the Parliamentary and Civil Service dead wood to get our country back on track. It appears Cummings is keeping him on the straight and narrow with that. So yes couldn't be more pleased myself. Never did expect the brexit doom mongers to admit to any positives though....even when they stared them in the face. They would sooner see Britain sink than see a Brexit success. Very strange attitude to be honest.

Offline Mr G

« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2020, 09:16:10 AM »
Paully you really are misinformed. As bad a Colin Browning,  the Brexiteer and his immigration queues at Schiphol  airport.
Sorry, but it is obvious from your comment.
We are still trading with the EU on previous terms so there is no change in supply.
That’s why you haven’t noticed any change.
And you won’t until December 31.
Have you not heard or understood anything about this.

And what South African wine has to do with Brexit, shows what lack of knowledge you have.
Do you think South Africa is in the EU?
What was that comment about, yes cheap wine is still available and we are still abiding by EU rules.
Using EU trade deals with South Africa, not new British ones.

Do you remember before the referendum the exchange rate for £was almost €1.40?
And now you think 1.20 is good!

No trade deal done with the US, so of course no change in the NHS, just the usual under staffing and funding.
We are still abiding by all the “horrible” EU laws till December 31.
You now say everything is great, but nothing has changed, so why did you vote to leave.
You are happy to buy toilet paper and bananas with a glass of red wine.
Just as you have previously.
What laws do you want changed that will have any impact on your life after Dec 31 as clearly you are very happy at the moment obeying all the “nasty” EU laws and regulations.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 13:15:56 PM by Mr G »

Offline paully

« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2020, 17:50:04 PM »
Oh Lord Gawd Almighty...Are you for real????????????

I was doing tongue in cheek humour you thick plank, which is something you obviously don`t get....OH yes and as for South Africa, I know where it is, I should do, I was brought up out there. Now do pay attention in the future
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Charlie dont surf

« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2020, 18:41:50 PM »
What have I told you about trying to do humour Plod? I know your Mrs calls you the laughing Policeman but, honestly, she’s taking the piss!

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2020, 19:45:02 PM »
Oi you bullying little Iberian oik. leave my mate alone.

While I'm here though I would just like to congratulate Bojo and Cummings on their combined ruthless cabinet blood letting. They really are draining the swamp in dramatic fashion. Eurosceptics in all the top jobs. This brexit malarkey will be a walk in the park. France and Germany at each others throats, voices of dissent on immigration from East European EU members, anti Macron rioting on the streets of Paris and members like Belgium already squealing that they cannot afford to lose trade with Britain. And YES Mr G this is all before we have actually left in December. Its all looking rather jolly for the old UK but rather less for the EU. Never mind though boys there's always the Beachy Head alternative...if they will let you back in at Dover to make the leap that is . ;)

My Community

« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2020, 19:45:02 PM »

Offline paully

« Reply #129 on: February 17, 2020, 08:36:31 AM »
Cheers mate.......Henceforth everyone should call Charlie...John....short for Bercow the bully  ;D

Meanwhile, in the real world, looks like Boris is about to tell the EU to go do one on the Irish border checks..yes I know he signed up to it but he`s playing the EU at their own game. Their starting to get rattled, especially as Dominic the Great is being busy at weeding out the remainer traitors and their intell is drying up.

Get the popcorn in
I HATE computer thingyss

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #130 on: February 17, 2020, 09:46:21 AM »
John...yes I like that.

Its a real shame we still have these negative thinkers knocking about that refuse to see any good coming from what is a 'can do' government and a brexit strategy that seems to have all the best interests of Britain on it's agenda. What i have found over the last few years is the fact this overly pro EU, almost slavish at times attitude, appears to manifest itself when self interest is to the forefront. Mostly of a financial nature. Look closely at all the remain MP's over the last 3 years and you will find that those that voiced anti brexit sentiments the loudest were those who's bank accounts stood to take the biggest hit from leaving.The business leaders of multi national companies were always the first to whine about possible revenue loss, it was always easier for them to retain the status quo.I think that's where we are on here... expensive homes owned abroad and the fear of possible personal loss in terms of both money and legal rights. Understandable I suppose, but certainly not looking at the big picture for the long term good of their country of birth.

There is no doubt in my mind looking at how it is progressing the EU cannot remain a force without major reform. They will not entertain that and therefore I would say their long term future looks doomed. It is a great time to get out...the trickle will eventually be a stampede and the poorest nations in the bloc will get trampled by the heavyweights.

« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2020, 11:46:30 AM »
Great news for all those out of work British people claiming benefits. Loads of jobs soon to be advertised in the farming, hospitality, NHS, construction & caring industries.They’ll be able to take their pick from a glut of vacancies. I take back all the negative stuff about Brexit & yes, i too believe Dominic Cummings is the right man to lead the Country right off the edge of the cliff.  Rule Britannia and God Save the Queen etc etc 🇬🇧

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2020, 12:22:12 PM »
come on tell the truth...it's the dinero aint it? ;)

« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2020, 12:52:01 PM »
It’s true. I am a self made Man & even a weak pound wont trouble my standard of living. I am worried, however, about how a busted Britain is going to affect you Pensioners and the others who haven’t had the inclination or opportunity to improve their quality of Life.

Offline Ivemovedon

« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2020, 14:34:31 PM »
Don't worry about us pensioners mate. Most of us voted for brexit anyway...rich and poor. Because unlike you we knew what was best for Britain.

Offline paully

« Reply #135 on: February 19, 2020, 18:31:02 PM »
It’s true. I am a self made Man & even a weak pound wont trouble my standard of living. I am worried, however, about how a busted Britain is going to affect you Pensioners and the others who haven’t had the inclination or opportunity to improve their quality of Life.

You just make sure you continue to pay your UK taxes John boy...and I think of you every month when I collect my different pensions.. :-*
I HATE computer thingyss

« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2020, 19:21:16 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you but I’m tax exempt 8)  I’m glad to hear that you’ll be able to afford to pay for your own care when the time comes. You’ll need every penny from those Plod & Undertaker pensions to cover the increasing care costs. And spare some thought for the poorer UK pensioners who will soon notice an increase in the cost of their weekly shop, especially fresh produce grown in the UK. Still, if they were foolish enough to vote leave then they get no sympathy from me.

Offline paully

« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2020, 20:42:25 PM »
You can scoff John but what you got in the way of care in Spain.......Henry Hall`s brother mate thats what..It might be expensive but at least we`ve got it.......and a few bob on lettuce and Toms?..a price well worth paying to be rid of the evil empire
I HATE computer thingyss